Thursday, September 18, 2008

Frustration!!!



So this picture doesn't have a whole lot to do with anything except that it explains why I struggle getting on and off my bike- it's the Bootay!

I guess the pic does have a little to do with my frustration since Saturday was when I went down hard on my back when I couldn't clip out of my pedal. My back between my spine and shoulder blade have been killing me since. If I sit up straight it is not too bad. However, lying, moving, even a deep breath sends a stabbing pain clear around to my sternum.

So yesterday I finally gave in and asked for some help from a PT in my office. He had me take off my shirt. Then he pushed on my back a bit, rolled me over, folded me in half and pretty much sat on me. My back popped and he lit up a cigarrette. Well okay, he didn't light up but I kind of felt like that is what should have came next.

Anyway, my back felt better momentarily. It also felt better this morning and I got in a decent workout at spin class. However, tonight's step class didn't go so well. I tried to sit out the weights but since I teach the class and there is a bit of a language barrier at the WVC Gold's I have to show the moves and not just tell them what to do. So now I'm in pain again. I'm not looking forward to another "quickie" PT session tomorrow and I gave all my Lortab to my ex. Dammit!!!

I just want to feel better so I can be ready for Harvest Moon and the first cross race on the 4th! Frustrating!!

5 comments:

crazy4rammstein said...

You know, I can come to your classes and you can tell them what to do, and I can demonstrate! How 'bout it? Anything for a teammate in pain! Plus, I need upper body strength so bad. I keep clipping my bike on the barriers when I'm tired. I hope you get better. I am not sure about Harvest Moon or whatever crit on the 27th. I really want to do the Heber Century.

Amy said...

Ouch girl- that sucks really bad. I hope you get feeling up to par soon. It was so good to see you the other night. Thanks for making the trip down.

Downhilldiva said...

BG, I may have to take you up on that offer. . . but I'm hoping to be better soon!

Amy, I had a blast last week! I'm so glad you invited me. I'm looking forward to more fun at Shannon's birthday party.

Clintster said...

Funny! I went down at RMR and got a peddle in my back ribs. They're killing me.

Downhilldiva said...

Clint, It must be a sign that the season is over. Time for another drink!