Sunday, October 5, 2008

Frightmares!

Well, lesson learned. Three glasses of wine last night, followed by three consecutive trips on the Wicked and lunch is not going to stay down.

Today I took my daughter her friend and my son's girlfriend to Frightmares. Every year my son works there. In the past he has even been "actor of the year". Today was family appreciation day so we got in for $10 a piece. It was a perfect day!

We got there as it opened, parked 5 rows from the front and felt like we had the park to ourselves. There were no lines so we just got right on everything. The Wicked was so fun we got right back on again and again. I now appreciate the downtime of standing in line. However, the 14 and 18 year olds seemed to have no problem tackling 12 rides in an hour and a half. After the Wicked I took it much slower and made sure to stay off any spinning rides.

Later in the day we marched through the haunted houses. I thought I'd be deaf from girls screaming in my ear but I can't complain too much because I did my share of screaming. (I don't know why they made the old lady go first!) In the last haunted house "Fun House of Fear" my son chased us out the exit with a chainsaw. I think he was enjoying that a bit too much!

4 comments:

Casey said...

So sorry we flaked--sounds like you guys had a blast. Raincheck for next year?

Downhilldiva said...

We missed you guys! We got lucky and we ended up with beautiful weather. I even got a bit of sunburn on my face. For sure we'll be back next year. I think Ashley will be working it though!

l.g. mcfifi said...

my kids want to go to this I will have to talk to you about it a little more

Rio's Rider said...

I love Wicked!