Friday, October 3, 2008

The Sandbagging bug is contagious!

Looks like the cyclocross women have caught the sandbagging bug too. If you were forced to upgrade to A flight last year, probably because you were reapeatedly lapping me in B flight, shouldn't you race A flight again this year? Or maybe it seems okay to race B again because there is now a Women's C flight? Does that mean I'm supposed to downgrade to C? That would be great. . I could probably kick my 14 year old daughter's butt in that group. That would make me feel good.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

I noticed a funny registration. Lets just hope it was a registration slip. If we're thinking of the same person, she's a great athlete and may have a good reason. I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'm a little nervous and worried I upgraded a little too early. Have fun tomorrow. I'll be there early with cow bells for the women's B race

Downhilldiva said...

Yes, let's hope that is it. Jennie, you would have more reason that some of the others to race B again since you didn't upgrade until the very end of the season. You are awesome though and you will do great!

DeletedBlog said...

Good luck! Kill it!

Anonymous said...

People move around for various reasons. I'm sure Marit's reason is a valid one since not only is she a great athlete, she takes pride in her competiveness.

Downhilldiva said...

I've had nothing but respect for Marit in the past. I know she is training for the Ironman and she did great at cross last year. There will be several women that will be trying cross for the first time tomorrow and will also be racing B flight. Barring injury I don't see a lot of reason for demoting yourself but I guess you do what you feel you have to do.