Sunday, October 19, 2008

I love the weekends

I love the weekends. I just can't figure out where they go. Here it is Sunday night and I haven't written my psychology paper yet or done any laundry. Obviously I'm still not working on either. But oh well, the weekend was so much fun that I don't even care.

I left work early on Friday and went to see an old friend. We used to work together and went through our divorces together. We drank mojitos, ate bundt cake and watched Sex in the City. I managed to blow 2 weeks of dieting all in a single evening but I had a blast doing it.

Saturday morning I was not at all in race shape thanks to a nice little hang over. I raced terribly but made myself not quit since I deserved the punishment. It was still fun - plus I won a brand new pair of mountain bike shoes! Kara was racing so well. Her and Tayler were way off the front duking it out but Kara flatted and was forced out of the race. She'll be back next week though and watch out! I'm sure she'll be in the A's before we know it. Margaret also tried her second ever cross race by borrowing my bike. She also had to borrow my shoes and I had to show her how to get in and out of the SPDs. She has no skills over the barriers but tons of fitness and speed on the bike. Next week she'll be back on a borrowed bike to give B flight a shot.

Saturday night I revisted my youth by getting together with an old high school friend. I can't believe it's been 20 years! I don't feel that old!

Today I went for a nice 45 miler with teammates. The weather was perfect! Even arm warmers were too much for temperature. Now it is back to the grind of school, work and the gym but hopefully there is a trip to Moab in my near future!

No comments: