Monday, May 26, 2008

No Mountain Bike Race for me today

It is only 7:12 but that is sleeping in for me. It is pouring rain outside. I wonder if they'll even have the mountain bike race. I rode the course yesterday, thankfully by myself. Some friends had invited me along (expert formerly pro level riders) but I decided to go it alone. I was glad I did. I struggled up every steep section, there was no spin, no nothing left in the legs from Saturday's race. I'd like to be able to spend more time becoming a decent mountain biker racer but it seems I can't do both. I'm still figuring out the roadie thing. Oh well, I'll be a Capitol Reef with friends in July and I'll get in lots of great trails there.

So now I am thinking about doing the TT next weekend. The only way to get better at them is to do them. Besides, being bad a particular type of racing has never stopped me before (except for maybe today where I just would have been in everyone else's way). So I'll strap 'em on and give it a go. I'm seriously considering trying it as intervals. A couple of hard minutes and a short recovery might be faster for me than trying to give it a sustained effort. That might also help keep the ADD in check. Hmmmmmm, thoughts anyone?

3 comments:

Rio's Rider said...

Sounds like a good plan to me. I've decided to do the TT as well. Probably a stupid idea on my part considering that I don't own even one piece of TT equipment. But like you said, it will be good training.

crazy4rammstein said...

Just do it and try the Salt Air TT sometime. It really helps. Being a power rider means that you should be hauling ass in a TT. I know you can too.

Downhilldiva said...

I have aerobars so maybe I can at least look like I know what I'm doing! Fake it until I make it!