Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Crit. . .

Fast Freddie. . . looking cool right before the crit.


It was a beautiful thing. 150 guys flying down the straight at 35 mph, flying through turns, breaking away, suffering to hang on, crowds screaming and cheering. . . and people still watch football?


The podium.


It was a great night. All my favorite cycling friends were there to watch and cheer. Sonia and I made sure we were right by the start/finish line. We had so many people wanting to constantly cross the street. A lot of times the same people kept coming back and forth. Some I'd let out to cross and they'd be on their cell phones dilly dallying. It made me a nervous wreck! But it was a safe race, no crashes, no idiot pedestrains strayed onto the course and it was an amazing sprint finish.

After the finish I went and found my kids. They had already been hanging out in the Rock Racing Coach but they were nice enough to let me in for a peek. They even gave me a hat one of the guys had left in there. Sweet! After that I met teammates for dinner at Rio Grande. It was a fantastic night!

No comments: