Saturday, August 9, 2008

I'm an addict. . .



I'm a big dork. I love the Olympics! I have reminders on my email, I browse through the photos and I watch every sport I can. My desktop is configured to show me when my favorite sports are on and on what channels. I think my favorite things are the little stories about the trials and tribulations that some of the athletes go through to get to the Olympics. Last night the cute little kid that saved his classmates in the China earthquake got me boobing. I'm sure tonight they'll have some story about a guy that didn't have a pool to train in so he swam in the sewer and I'll be crying again.

Update: I just talked to my teammate Kara. She is still wearing the clothes she went to bed in last night and has been watching the Olympics all day. She decided this morning to quit cycling and become and Olympic rower. By this afternoon she's given up hopes of rowing and is now chasing dreams of Olympic beach volleyball. Nice to know I'm not the only Olympic Geek.

3 comments:

l.g. mcfifi said...

I am a big dork right along with you- I guess I am a cougar for michael phelps-

Amy said...

You guys crack me up. While I am not a die hard I have watched my fair share of the olympics since it started. I have really enjoyed the sand volleyball..thouse chicks are tough! GO USA!!!!

Downhilldiva said...

My 19 year old son also loves the women's beach volleyball. Although I'm sure it is not for the same reasons you do Amy! LOL!