Sunday, February 10, 2008

I love my Bike!



Okay, this is supposed to be a post about cross country skiing. Today I met the Greens and the Evans at North Fork for a cross country ski. It was a beautiful, warm sunny day. There is so much snow up there. It is amazing. The portapotty that we used last time is buried so you can only see the top couple of feet. Thankfully they put out another one. It was like driving through a labryinth to get to the park.




Anyway, why I love my bike. . . REI didn't have my size ski to rent so they went one sizeBu up. Dumb idea! The skins didn't stick into the snow. The only way to go up any bit of a slope was to duck walk and take one step forward and two back. What a ridiculous way to travel! So in the time I traveled across the valley on my road bike yesterday is the same amount of time it took me to go only a few miles today walking like a retarded penguin.




But hey, I can't complain too much. It is always good to see my friends from up North and I enjoyed the sunshine and started working on my freckles for the summer.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! You need to tell me how to make mine like this! lol ;)