Tuesday, June 3, 2008

An early humpday. . .

Well at least that it what it feels like. I made it over the one year hump of my crash. I had told a teammate about it being my one year anniversary and she said she was thinking about that this afternoon when she saw a guy on a bike get hit by a car! Maybe tonight would have been a good night to go do what normal women do and shop or go see Sex in the City.

But off to RMR I went. I felt great but I was struggling mentally. I hung on for a while, but off the back. I was getting yo-yoed and having to work harder than if I just got up and stayed in the pack. Finally I didn't want to chase and I sat up to work with a slower group. I'm glad I did because there were a couple of crashes and on my last lap the ambulance was coming around the corner towards us and that was enough for me to call it quits.

RMR is a good workout and good pack experience so I'll keep doing it. But some nights it is just scary! I can't wait for Sugarhouse this weekend. Back to riding with the women. Back to good solid racing that isn't nerve wracking and best of all none of the women have ever spit on me!

I guess I should just be grateful that I'm not in the ER tonight telling them that no they cannot scrub out my road rash on my broken elbow until I get some drugs!

No comments: