Monday, January 7, 2008

Quit Whining Shanna!!

A nice person named Tricia commented on my blog. So I went and checked hers out (see the link on the right). She is suffering from brain cancer and is riding her bike and trying to live life to its fullest while waiting for a cure. Since I haven't worked in oncology for a few years I seemed to have forgotten how many amazing people live (and die) with this truly horrific disease. Thanks Tricia for reminding me how lucky I am to have my health! Sloggy streets, gray skies and the family and life stresses of every day life are nothing to whine about. I am blessed to have the health to get on my spin bike and work hard for 2 hours. I have a good job that allows me time off to play and very supportive family and friends that are there to cheer me on. Like Tricia, I want to live mindfully- cancer or not.

No comments: