Sunday, April 6, 2008

Better than expected

I guess when you have extremely low expectations of something then you are bound to be pleasantly surprised. (I should try this in other areas of my life as well. Wasn't there a SNL skit about "lowered expectations"?) Anyway. I strapped on my new earobars and took them out for a spin. I bought some used ones and they turned out to be really nice. They adjust both side to side and fore and aft. I was able to adjust them so that they do not interfere with my elbow.

Thanks to my Dad there is a nice stretch of paved road that is still closed to the public so I spent about an hour riding back and forth on it. I had no trouble riding the bars and I even feel like I could lower my handlebars another inch and be fine. I actually feel like TTs might be a little less torture now that I won't be forced back onto my hoods when my right tricep starts twitching from fatigue. I still was clock watching and ready to be done once the novelty of riding the bars wore off. But overall I was pleasantly surprised. Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised this weekend for Triple Valley as well.

No comments: