Friday, April 25, 2008

How to get out of work early


MRSA. Healthcare-Associated Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus.


It started as a bug bite on my shin. Today it was bugging me so I pulled up my pant leg to look at it and the bug bite is now bright red and swollen. Since they were already talking about mucus in the lunchroom I didn't think anyone would be bothered by my sore. Sure enough 3 docs gathered around and concluded that it looks like some kind of staph infection. Since I work in healthcare and I have had surgery in the past year it is likely MRSA. I got loaded up with topical antibiotics and was immediately sent to the pharmacy to start on oral antibiotics.


Please note that if my performance at East Canyon sucks tomorrow I will not hesitate to use my flesh eating bacteria as an excuse.


So I got my prescription and headed to the bike shop. I have found my next road bike. Well, once I win the lottery or get a sugar daddy or something. It is a beautiful silver Litespeed. It has lovely red accents but the best part is the sparkly silver fork. Oh ya, it is also full Durrace with deep dish carbon Bontrager wheels. On a more realistic note I checked out the LeMond Poprad cyclocross bike. Another carbon/steel mix, 105/Ultegra components. $1499. Hmmmm. I think I have some tuition reimbursement coming.

No comments: