Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Coolest People


What a great community of cyclists we have! I was excited to see Marit and Christy out at RMR tonight. They didn't race but I could tell they were tempted. As usual we had a great group of Ski Utah women including Margaret, Jamie, Kara, Gail, Nancy and me and it was good to see Jennie out going for it again. It was also good to see the Porcupine guy (damn, I can't remember his name). He said his legs were still sore, probably from hauling my butt into the wind for 3 hours on Saturday.


When I got there I realized I had brought last year's race plate because suddenly there was the name Ben by my number. Gary took the number away from me (I don't know what he thought I was going to do with it. Maybe he was worried about getting Ben and me mixed up) and I was a bit sad since I had crashed that number and it was a bit nostalgic. My legs felt like lead and I dropped off early. Once again I should have warmed up better, my 6 mile ride over is not quite enough. I had fun working with Gail, Kara and Jennie and when the pack lapped us I hopped back on (against Gary's wishes). I was able to hang until the bell lap then I was completely fried.
Great training, great people. What more could you ask for on a Tuesday night.

No comments: