Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm in a Magazine!

I'm in Ultra Cycling Magazine. Okay, so it's not VeloNews but it is still really cool. The above picture is of me with Susan Notorangelo, Lynn Anne Vesper and Lon Handleman. Last year I won the McSweeney Scholarship to attend a PAC tour training camp. (See full article at http://www.ultracycling.com/about/mcsweeney.html).

This picture was taken on the last day of camp. Every day we rode 60 to 120 miles for 6 days in a row. On the last day I did a 5 and half hour century. I was thrilled with my time after having ridden over 450 miles in the previous days. The century also included a big mountain pass and lots of rolling hills.

Susan and Lon put on the camp and they did a great job. They are both RAAM record holders and probably still hold the tandem record. We were also lucky enough to have two other Women Solo RAAM finishers at camp. It was great to learn from them and get to know them. If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of their camps I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Twitter News said...

HAHA dont you feel so lucky to be in a magazine. Im proud of you i brag about you at work Its funny everyone knows my mom is way stronger then me at least on a bike.